The Word

APPRECIATE

That is my word for thise year. I am going to try to appreciate all that I have, meaning my family, my health and my life.

I am going to go and make something right now to help me remember to appreciate all that I am, and maybe even try to do a mini book about the things I need to appreciate and the little things that I do appreciate.

Some of the little things:

Like a good cup of coffee
a nice back rub from my dear sweet hubby
a good purry kitty in my lap
a hug from a little girl who doesn't quite get it.

Some of the big things:

My Family
My house
My life

Did you notice my "job" isn't one of those things. I appreciate my job, but at the same time I'm not going to be ruled by it. As we were told that annual contract teachers MAY not be asked back. That makes me sad in that I feel I am NOT done with some of my students, but at the same time, it leaves me free to look at other options for jobs. I may not be a teacher 2009/2010 school year. It seems hardly fair after giving 6 years to this occupation to not have it anymore. I guess that is the sad part. I appreciate the kids, but not the way the school district is handling the annual contract people. Maybe that is my cue to leave anyway.

Hummmmmmmmmmm
I do appreciate my job...just not going to be defined by it anymore.
Hugs,

Comments

dirtyjeepgirlie said…
Sorry to hear about the job, but you will be ok, you always are. Guess where we are going? HAWAII! You have to give me the lowdown! LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

Target Tool Caddy

Happy Memorial Day

Love Blog Hop and Blog Candy!