Encourage

My word found me as is often the case.  I was going over ideas with my husband and he said what about Courage?  I said, me, little mousy me?  Not likely to have a lot of courage.  He says then well how about Encourage you are always encouraging others to do the best they can and to have faith.  After that I started seeing where it could be an inspiring word for the year. 

Encouraging words for others as well as to encourage me to do the things I want to do.  So, that is my word for the year.  Encourage...but more for myself to do and try new things and to keep up with my weight loss.  Encourage myself not to lose hope on losing more and getting to my goal this year.  I know I am half way there and know I can keep going.  I just need the right encouragement. (Like a shopping spree for new clothes)! LOL

I am also encouraging myself to use what I  have in my scrapbook room instead of buying new items.  That is going to be sad for the Local Scrapbook Shoppe. Sometimes I think I was a great help in keeping itin business for a little while.  I bought a free pass for Crops for the year, so I can go to crops without it costing me anything. Yippee. It also came with 10% off all purchases, but I won't be purchasing anything soon. (even though she is now carrying Tim Holtz Sizzix dies...sigh).

With my Use What You Have challenge for January (I'm going month by month instead of the whole year).  Here is some of what I have made. The first one is Christmas Joy.  I made the presents with the Imagine and the Snow Angel cartridge along with the Title on the present. The present comes from Create a Critter cartridge and  used my expression. It was a wonderful sound hearing the Imagine and the Expression working at the same time! :) Gypsy played a part by making sure I placed my pieces in the right places on the mat to be cut. 
The papers I used are Basic Grey, Dasher and Blitzen paper lines.
The ribbon is Webster's pages lace ribbon and the velvet was in my stash, (but I know I bought it from Scrapper's Den in Honolulu years ago).
Strip journaling was done with a CK font.
Tim Holtz ticket, corsage pin and reindeer charm in my stash.
Stickles and machine stitching.

 Bethanie's month is January, I tend to do a lot of layouts about her, and December is usually Branch's due to his music program and how much he loves Christmas. 

Kilroy Wuz Here showed such a silly Day at our house!
I used Mac n Cheese Sizzlits. (yep, still use those)!  7 Gypsies photo turns, ribbon, and  Making Memories brads. I used all Jenni Bowlin papers and an American Crafts Slick Writer for the journaling. I love how fast those pens dry! No smearing.  I used an old Becky Fleck Page Map (2005)!
The one on top comes from PageMaps 2 book. 

I hope ya'll have a great week and I ENCOURAGE you to chase  your dreams and make some beautiful things on the way.  I ENCOURAGE you to tell your story!

Hugs to you until next time!
Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Tool Caddy

Happy Memorial Day

Love Blog Hop and Blog Candy!