Words of the year

I have been doing Ali Edwards
"One Little Word" since 2008.
My Words in order of rememberance (and research on this blog) hahaha.


2008   Live
2009   Appreciate
2010  Create
2011  Encourage
2012  Joy
2013  Free
2014  Enjoy
2015   Journey
2016  adventure
2017  None (didn't have one this year)
2018  Simplify
2019  Focus

If I did have one for 2017, I never did anything with it and it didn't stick.  I have been having a tremendously difficult time since the summer of 2015  for my own self awareness or self love.  Still having a horrible time with it all but I know it will take time to get through. 

So, I am trying again.  Focus has been a powerful word this year.  There are things that happen that make you have to FOCUS on yourself.  It is ok, and necessary at times to take care of yourself.  I have had several things that make me realize that only I can make me happy.  I'm not looking for giddy happy anymore, just a contentment.  A few things that still seem to hound me...

Every year I say Lose weight, Every year I say Use my scrapbook stuff.  Every year it is still there!  Isn't that the definision of insanity.  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  I guess I'm not doing the same things everytime.  But it seems I am always having difficulty with the same things.

Some of the great things that have happenened in the last few years and some of the saddest things that have happend.

Great!  We got Kai! June 29, 2016
We lost Hailey in December 2018

We got a new baby in January 2019.  Here is Sunny
Never a puppy to replace our sweet Hailey, but to ease a hurting heart.  We have decided after Sunny, we are done with puppies and dogs in general.  The work has been exhausting for both of us.  Kai needed to have surgery on his leg just like Hailey did for a torn ACL in February.  So the timing was terrible.   So much sadness since Jnauary. I'm ready for some happy.

This is a much longer post that I had planned.  I am glad to have some place to vent and now I have a place that shows my words of the years! :) I will FOCUS on me this year.  I am hoping to make great changes in myself by being able to focus on my happiness and needs.

Thanks for listening!
Laura

I have been putting my scrappy creations on my other blog!

My Little Purple Studio


Have a great day!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Tool Caddy

Happy Memorial Day

Love Blog Hop and Blog Candy!