Creative Outlet.



It has been a long time since I have let myself have a creative outlet! I have been doing lots of swaps. But I have not been doing my OWN thing for awhile. I am currently involved in 2 scrappy thing to get me motivated to play with my extensive stash again! :)  The first one is Camp Scrap with May Flaum on her blog.  Camp Scrap I'm also part of the Facebook Group.

The other thing I am part of to keep the creative juices going are challenges  from  July Scrap Fest being held on the Swaps, Crops and More Facebook Group.
We are starting July Scrapfest and I am having a blast!  The inspiration for the layout is challenge number 46 from the scrapfest.  There is a file at the end of the post of all the challenges if you are interested in what we are doing.

On to the details of this layout!
The Date! This is a "Night to Shine" layout. Branch had such a good time at this special Prom I can't help but smile when I look at the pictures and feel so warm inside for all the people who came together to make this event happen. 
Even though this is an event that happened in February. I am still having fun with the pictures. 
This is a picture of my son, Branch, and his date, Erin. 




The details:
CTMH Kraft paper (cardstock)
Felicity Jane London kit papers. (I think the Feb. 2017 kit)
Recollections flowers
Making Memories embellshments Paper Reverie
7 Gypsies stamps
Quickutz heart border
Black and white thread for the sewing.
Making Memories buckle
Ribbon unknown
I used my sewing machine and leftover black velvet ribbon to make leaves for the flowers.
Sepia archival ink, and Colorbox Chalk ink (charcoal)

Some of the stuff I used was over 10 years old, so even though embellishments/stamps are in your stash a long time, you can always update their look with current papers and trends! 

Thank you for coming by. I plan on posting often now that I am able to get back into my Blogger account! :) 




Just a note, all the photos used as examples came from Pinterest and my friend Nancy Clark wrote and put all of the challenges together.  I just made a document that was easy to print to keep track of so we didn't have to be on FB to get to them. :)  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Target Tool Caddy

Happy Memorial Day

Love Blog Hop and Blog Candy!